saturday morning i decided to prepare pulut serikaya since i still have some left overs pulut susu in the jar; about 3 cups of it. browsed through the net for a decent recipe. tada! my pulut serikaya 🙂 gave a pack to my MIL, my neighbour and azfar-chan’s makngah pah.
would not say much..but i was happy with the outcome.~senyum sampai telinga~
adapted from Hanieliza fp and tips from Chef Norzailina Nordin forum. for full recipe….
3 cups of pulut susu or the regular glutinous rice
1 1/2 cups of thick coconut milk
1 cup of thin coconut milk
1 cup of white sugar
1 tablespoonful of custard flour
1 tablespoonful of cornflour
2 teaspoons of salt
1/4 cup of screwpine leave extract
1 drop of green colouring
3-5 pieces of screwpine leaves
How i did it?
1. Steam the glutinous rice for 40 minutes (with the thin coconut milk, and 1 teaspoon of salt)
2. Don’t forget to slide the screwpine leaves in the steamer.
3. Cool and compress the steamed glutinous rice in a baking tin. (the thickness should be around 2 1/2 inch)
4. Set aside.
1. Mix the egg, screwpine extract, colouring, sugar, custard flour, salt and the thick coconut milk.
2. Pour the mixture onto the compressed glutinous rice.
3. Steam for another 30 minutes.
4. Bake for 20 minutes at 190C (upper setting)
A very useful tips from Chef Norzailina Nordin-before pouring the mixture, mix a tablespoon of cornflour with little water and glaze the compressed glutinous rice. This will ensure that both parts will stick together.