all time favourite side dish during the fasting month-Ramadhan. this year, since my MIL is sponsoring the eggs, so y not 🙂 a very easy recipe from Chef Norzailina Nordin.
1kg of coarse salt
1kg of water
10 duck eggs
How i did it?
1. Boil to dilute the coarse salt.
2. Let cool.
3. Wipe the eggs with damp cloth and then with a dry cloth *this step is very crucial; make sure the eggs is thoroughly wiped.
4.Arrange the eggs in a jar and pour the salted water.
5. Put the lid on, make sure it is air tight.
6. Keep the jar in a dark cabinet (the one you rarely open)
7. On the 16th day, try and boil 1 egg and test the saltiness. If it fits your tastebud, then remove the eggs from the water, rinse once and keep well in the fridge.
note: am waiting for another 14 days to test my homemade salted egg.