I read a post on DirtAndBoogers, and I want to share my version of superdad. I have to agree with her. We often praise moms as supermom, but we regularly do not praise daddy. So, this is my version of praising the SUPERDAD at my home:
Some might ask, what is so great about your husband? Are you married to a Superhero?! He may not be a Superman, Spiderman or any other superhero character, but he is a superdad! Alhamdulillah.
1. He is a MASTER in CLEANING :I have to admit, my daily working hours limits my time at home. Since he is working on 12-hour shift schedule, he gets some off days during the weekdays. He always make sure the our dustbins are emptied, the dustbin bags are new, he vacuums regularly and he does the clustering for our boys’ tiny figurines. I sometimes think he may have OCD, with the way he puts the figurines, the books, the magazines, pens, etc.
Not to mention bushes and grass around the house too 🙂 He did get me the manual lawnmower though.
2. Mr LAUNDERETTE too! : ‘ White tshirt should be washed with only white tshirts,’.. 🙂 He does all the clothes separating – kids pants, tops, white tshirts, coloured tshirts, his boxers, socks, etc. With a very specific way to hang the clothes, how to use the pegs, where to dry them, phew! Knowing that he has all the rules, and knowing I regularly can’t follow/understand the reasons, he ‘voluntarily’ do it 🙂 Alhamdulillah! Selamat.
3. DRIVER / Fetching up the kids : this will be my superman’s routine on his off-days and night shift days. 🙂 At least I know he wants me to be home ASAP, straight from the office 🙂 TQVM my superman.
4. The ALARM CLOCK -Turn-up every OT, ST sessions for Azfar-chan : After knowing our eldest is facing some issue (ADHD, sensory issues) we religiously make sure Azfar-chan attends his occupational therapies, speech therapies and OT xtra classes. These I must admit needs a lot of commitment and time. We are attached to Perlis General Hospital for speech and OT and Pusat Perkembangan Pendidikan Khas ( also known as 3PK). We have session almost every week and sometimes a few sessions in a week. I was talking to a friend who is also a spectrum mom (her boys are autistic as she described), and she mentioned that she was struggling all alone -not much support from her husband. Am I lucky or what?! Alhamdulillah.
5. The Professional photographer- he used to be a professional wedding photographer and he is now our family’s pro photographer 🙂 This also means that I can save a lot of money! wehoooo
6. Personal Handy Manny : He is the electrician, he is the carpenter, he is the lawn cleaner, he is the cobbler and he fixes things 🙂 Such a helper. My superman! 🙂
ALHAMDULILLAH. May Allah s.w.t. grant our family with blessing years ahead.